Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Still here! Apps for Theatre Games

The first day of school was yesterday, and suffice it to say I have been neglecting this little blog, so I apologize!

My new school is almost too good to be true. Yesterday went by in a flash, teaching 6 classes, covering for an advisement teacher and on lunch duty! (woo hoo) Today is moving a little slower, so I wanted to reach out and ask about apps for theatre games. Since we teach such tech-savvy kids these days, why not let them download these apps to play as a reward at the end of class? Which ones do you use or like?

My colleagues from grad school introduced me to some good ones this summer, that we have occasionally busted out at the bar or other venues where it feels appropriate.  These are the ones we like:

Charades!  is just what it says it is - but more fun because you pick the category and the words pop up while you hold the phone or device to your forehead. Even Ellen like this one.

The Amazing Improv Generator also gives different characters, locations and situations that you could use in lieu of those old - timey improv cards that the drama teacher before you left behind.

Shakespeare app includes all of the bard's work that you could keep on your device. Handy for referencing scenes, quotes, characters, etc.

There was another one that came up in my search called the Drama Resource App, but since I am working off the school's Dell today I can't download it. Anyone used that one before?

Happy back to school! Will post soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment