Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Antigone Project

Next week I am beginning my thesis project with my students. We are going to read and study Sophocles' "Antigone" and then create our own adaptation of the play, highlighting our own themes and ideas about the underdog, about civil war, about courage and justice.

I came across the National Theatre's 2012 version and a bunch of awesome videos teaching about the play. These videos really sell a brilliant adaptation that I am really attracted to as a teacher, director, actor.



I want to know what else is out there though. I am afraid a lot of times as a teacher that what we show or speak to our students about is very biased based on our own taste and preferences. What other adaptations or sources for teaching "Antigone" do you know about out there in the drama world?


No comments:

Post a Comment