Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Some inspiration on a snowy day

Sorry it's been so long! The whole teaching drama and being a graduate student for teaching drama caught up with me!

Lots has happened though. But sticking with the present, I came across this inspiring article today about a youth theatre in Chicago. Wishing I had the guts/resources/inspiration to make something like this happen. This is the type of theater I'd like to do with youth. How do I start?

I also took my high school students to see "black odyssey" the Denver Center for Performing Arts to kick off my semester-long project tying into Greek tragedy and adaptations to relevant themes and events. Here's a little snippet of an interview with the playwright, Marcus Gardley, who wrote a really brilliant and inspiring piece based off of Homer's Odyssey intertwined with an African American soldier returning home from the war in Afghanistan, suffering from PTSD.

Stay tuned to our progress on the "Antigone Project."

No comments:

Post a Comment